Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tribute to Sanga

Dear Readers,                    
                                  I wrote this essay to my mid term test English paper under the topic of "A great personality I admire most in my life". I had to cover the following areas.

  • Give a brief sketch about the person
  • His/her special qualities, skills and talents
  • The service rendered to the nation
  • Why you admire and respect the person

                                           Most of the others wrote about T.B. Jaya, C.W.W. Kannangara etc. But I had a hard time remembering their full names, schools etc. So, I found a way that gossip can come in handy sometimes. For example I know nothing about the foundation for homeless dogs and puppies. I only knew Sanga is connected to that kind of foundation. I had to struggle to restrict the content to the required word count. I got the full marks for the essay and was happy to find out what great things I can see beyond the concept of "they pay - you play".Hope you enjoy.

                       
                           The Sri Lankan Cricketer, Kumar Chokshananda Sangakkara is 34 years old and is married to a fashion designer Yehali Sangakkara.Their children, Swayree and Kavith Sangakkara, are twins.Sanga (as known by the world), gained education at the the Trinity College - Kandy, and has been selected the student all-rounder there, several times. This cricketer is also a law under-graduate.
                                  He has been very clever at studies as well as at sports and games such as Cricket during his school life. He is a former vice captain and former captain of the Sri Lankan Cricket team. I really admire his leadership skills, batting, wicket keeping and fielding skills. He is the first batsman of the world to pass the boundary of 1000 scores in 2012. He is also the fourth of the world test batsmen rating.Sanga has been able to become the man of the match and man of the series many times during his career so far. He has also been the captain of two cricket teams of the Indian Premier League - Kings 11 Panjab and Deccan Chargers.
                             He is a great social worker. Sanga leads a foundation campaign, "Sanga's Bikes for Life". By this, he distributes bicycles to the poor school children of the rural areas of the contry. He also contributes another foundation to find homes for homeless dogs and puppies.
                                           Sangakkara is a truly exemplary personality in the present generation, as a bright student, a great leader, an outstanding sportsman and an important social worker. He was able to show what the Sri Lankans of this little isle are made of, infront of the whole wide world. These reasons simply explain why Kumar Sangakkara has become my icon in almost every aspect of life.  


6 comments:

  1. There are many more exemplary things about Sanga that I have not mentioned and that you can find in wikipedia

    ReplyDelete
  2. we don't want 2 find it in wikipedia. bcoz there is a wikipedia in our clz 2 tell about sanga. "oh SANGA save me....." can you remember about that wikipedia Thanu???????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take that as a compliment! Thanks!All I can think now is "oh Sanga save me"..... too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oki doki buddy :) it's your favourite sentence ne Thanu, hkz hkz :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the only thing I could utter when the test papers come. What else can I say if I was Watching matches instead of studying? Oh Sanga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's correct dr. but don't waste too much time 2 watch matches in this year. oki? :)

      Delete